Who we are
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
Personal data is requested from us to fulfill our contractual obligations and to manage the day to day normal business activities. If you are unable or choose not to provide us with the data if and when requested we may not be able to fulfill our contractual obligations and the product or service may be cancelled. We will never share your personal details with any third-party for their own use.
- Enquiry Data is collected so that we may communicate to you. The legal grounds for us processing this data is legitimate interests.
- User Generated Data is data that you have chosen to post on our website, for example a comment to a blog post or a review. The legal grounds for us processing this data is legitimate interests.
- Personal Information Data is collected so that we may process a purchase or a request to purchase. The legal grounds for our processing this data is the fulfillment of our contractual obligation with you or the creation of a future contract with you.
- Other. Under GDPR is may be deemed that your IP address constitute personal data because it could be used to identify you or in whole or part. The legal grounds for us processing your IP is legitimate interest since this helps to keep our website safe. We process your IP address for security reasons to protect our website for malicious attacks and hacks. We may cross reference your IP with the IP’s of blacklisted users and if a match is found we may add your IP to the blacklist and prevent further access to you.
We may process your personal data without your knowledge or consent where this is required or permitted by law.
Our contact form is strictly used as another method you can get in contact with us, we will receive a email from you after you click submit and only have the information you provided on the form. This information is not stored for more than a few days unless a booking is made.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Who we share your data with
We may have to share your personal data with the parties set out below:
- Service providers who provide IT and system administration services.
- Professional advisers including lawyers, bankers, auditors and insurers
- Government bodies that require us to report processing activities.
How long we retain your data
Personal data collected or processed by our website for the purpose of booking enquiries is kept for a year, and customer purchase records for ten years, this is done to be sure we are able to provide processing activities to government bodies that require this.
What rights you have over your data
The only information we have of yours is what you would have provided at time of booking including contact details (name, address, email address, phone number and any other information you may feel is necessary to provide in our notes section) Should you wish to check this information is accurate you have the right to request what data we have on record.
You also have the right to request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
We do not send you marketing emails directly ourselves and do not provide your contact details to any marketing companies. All of the Marketing of our site is done through third party vendors such as, but not limited too, Trip advisor, www.Holidaylettings.co.uk, https://www.iknow-uk.com/, www.theholidaycottages.co.uk, www.freedomcampingclub.org .
Should you have further questions for us please do not hesitate to contact any of us here at Glastonbury Cottages and Caravanning.
Edd, Kim and Jim Field